The Infection Control Certificate Program is one of the courses offered under the iEducations Dental Assistant Training Center.
Program Director: Paola M.
Program Instructor: Carolin N.
Program Inquiry: [email protected] or 650-448-9471
Infection Control Certificate Program Course Description:
Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe the rationale, regulations, recommendations, and training that govern infection control in a dental office.
- Demonstrate the protocols for disinfecting, cleaning, and sterilizing prior to seating the patient and at end of treatment in operatories, in the dental radiography area, and in the dental laboratory.
- Describe how pathogens travel from person to person in a dental office.
- Describe the three primary routes of microbial transmission in a dental office.
- Demonstrate the principles of infection control including medical history, handwashing, PPE, barriers, chemical disinfectants, ultrasonic cleaners, sterilizers, and instrument storage.
- The use of various disinfectants and their application in dentistry.
- The usage of different types of sterilizers.
- Demonstrate different types of sterilization monitors such as biological and process indicators.
- Demonstrate the use of pre-procedure mouth rinses, high volume evacuation, dental dams, disposable items (ex. sharps), and maintaining waterlines.
- UNIT 1: Infection Control and Infectious Diseases in Dental Healthcare Settings
- Chapter 1: Key Concepts in Infection Control
- Chapter 2: Transmission and Prevention of Infectious Diseases in Dental Healthcare Settings
- Chapter 3: Infectious Diseases of Concern in Dental Healthcare Settings
- UNIT 2: Elements of Infection Control in Everyday Practice
- Chapter 4: Infection Control Practices in Dental Healthcare Settings
- Chapter 5: Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient-Care Items
- Chapter 6: Environmental Infection Control
- Chapter 7: Dental Waterlines, Biofilm, and Water Quality
- Chapter 8: Special Considerations
- UNIT 3: Infection Control Policies and Procedures at the Facility Level
- Chapter 9: Elements of an Infection Control Program
Upon completion of this course, the student will be issued a California Dental Association Certificate.
iEDUCATIONS IS A CALIFORNIA DENTAL BOARD-APPROVED COURSE PROVIDER THAT CERTIFIES STUDENTS IN INFECTION CONTROL PROGRAM.